Chicken : 1Kg. ( Option is using lamb, but i personally prefer chicken).
Coriander leaves : handful
Green chillies : 3
Ginger : 2 inch
Turmeric : 1 tsp
Curd : 2 tbsp
Onion : 1 small
Onion : 3 finely chopped.
Wet coconut : 1 full finely grated.
Dry coconut : 1/4 of its quantity or 3 tbsp.
Malwani masala powder : 4 tbsp.
Salt as per taste .
- Marinate chicken with salt ,curd , turmeric powder for an hour, the more chicken is marinated it becomes more soft and juicy.
- Grind coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic, ginger into paste.
- Dry roast wet coconut, dry coconut till golden brown. Roast 1 onion directly on gas stove remove the burnt skin. Now grind together fried coconut, malwani masala powder, and onion with water into thick paste.
- Heat around 4 tbsp of vegetable oil in pressure cooker, add finely chopped 2 onions. Fry till golden brown, Now add green paste made of coriander, green chilies,garlic. ginger, fry for a minute. Add marinated chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add paste made out of coconut, onion and malwani masala powder. Add 1/2 cup water, adjust for salt. Pressure cook, take 4-5 whistle or cook till chicken tenderizes.
- Served with Indian bread or wada ( wada is something like puri made mainly in sawantwadi.Arvali region).