Mutton sukkha :
For Marination :
Mutton : 1kg.
Curd : 6 tbsp or 1/4 liter.
Turmeric : 1 tsp.
Salt : 3 tsp.
Marinate the mutton in salt, turmeric, curd for 1/2 hour or more.
Green Paste :
Make a paste using 11/2 inch of ginger, 1 pod of garlic, 8 green chillies, 1/4 cup of mint leaves.(** Preserve small part around 1 tbsp for tambda raasa)
For wet masala :
Garlic 1 pods (Medium sized).
Ginger 1 inch.
Dry coconut 1 1/2 part.
Wet coconut 1/4 part.
Step 1: Peel outer skin of a onion. Peirce a fork in the onion and burn it directly on stove till the onion turn dark brown.
Step 2: Chop remaining 2 onions, fry in 4 tbsp of oil till they caramelize.
Step 3: Dry roast finely grated dry coconuts & wet coconut till they turn light brown.
Step 4: Ground garlic,ginger, caramelized onions, onions that was fried directly on stove, roasted dry and wet coconut with a little water into paste.( **Note : the paste should not be very smooth neither should be very coarse).
- In a pan add around 1/4 cup of oil. Once the oil is hot add 2 diced onions and fry them till they turn light brown.
- Now add green paste, turmeric, kanda lasun masala (http://vismayblog.blogspot.in/2011/03/maratha-style-foodie.html) , Everest meat masala and grounded wet masal saute till oil starts leaving the masala from sides.
- Add marinated mutton a fourth cup of water. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. Now add finely chopped coriander leaves( 2 tbsp), adjust for salt.
- Put on the lid and cook for another 10 to 20 minutes till the mutton gets tender.Garnish with finely chopped coriander.
Tambda Raasa :
Onion : 1 small finely chopped.
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp.
Kanda Lasun Masala : 1 tbsp or more if you prefer spicy. (http://vismayblog.blogspot.in/2011/03/maratha-style-foodie.html)
Everest meat masala : 2 tsp.
Green Paste : 1tbsp.
Meat stock : 4 cups.
Coriander : 1 tbsp finely chopped.
- In a wok add 1tbsp of oil. Add chopped onions ,1 tsp salt and saute onions till they turn light brown.
- Then add turmeric, kanda lasun masala, everest meat masala, green paste saute for another couple of minutes.
- Add meat stock, chopped coriander, adjust salt. Let it simmer till the stock reduces to 3 cups. Tambda Raasa is ready.
Meat : 1/2 kg.
Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tsp.
Dry red chillies :4.
Ghee : 2 tbsp.
Cinnamon : 2 inch.
Black Pepper : 12.
Cloves : 4.
Dry coconut :3 tbsp.
Poppy seeds : 3 tbsp.
Cashew nut : 10-20.
Coconut Milk : 1 tin.
- Marinate meat in 1 tbsp of curd, 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste, salt for 1/2 hour.
- Cook the meat marinate with around 4 cups of water. Remove the meat pieces, retain the soup.
- Make a powder of cinnamon, black pepper and cloves. ---- Step 1
- Roast dry coconut (** Coconut shouldn't turn brown). Make a paste of roasted coconut, Popeye seeds and cashew nut. ---- Step 2
- In a wok, add ghee. Once ghee becomes hot add paste 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, dry red chillies, Powder of cinnamon,cloves and black pepper ( from step 1), saute for a minute or two on low flame.
- Add paste made of cashew nut, poppy seeds and dry coconut, saute for another minute ( from Step 2).
- Now add meat stock (from 1),adjust for salt and simmer for 10 -15 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add coconut milk, boil for just 5 minutes not more. Pandra raasa is ready.